CAFB Donation Battle
Want to beat TSUN and help a great cause?! You can do both through our Capital Area Food Bank donation battle with the U of M Club of Washington, DC. This year, both clubs are giving to the Capital Area Food Bank, the anchor of the hunger relief infrastructure in our region, providing more than 45 million meals to people in communities across D.C., Maryland, and Virginia. Join the OSUDC team and make your gift through December 31 when the winner will be announced! Go Bucks! Beat TSUN!
Call For Volunteers!
We need your help running Buckeye Game Days for OSUDC this postseason! Fill out this form or email Richard, our VP and Game Day chair, at email@example.com to volunteer for the Peach Bowl Game Day (Saturday, December 31, 8pm) or if you have any questions.
More Peach Bowl Game Day information is coming soon! Stay tuned…
The Scholarship Shop Is Open – Just in Time for Gift Giving!
Show your Buckeyes pride, DC-style! Tshirts and polos are now available in our Etsy shop. Your purchase benefits our Spearman Scholarship Fund!
Our scarlet tshirt with gray print is available in adult straight-cut/unisex sizes Small through XXL. OSUDC logo on sleeve.
Our scarlet polo with white embroidery, or gray polo with scarlet and white embroidery, is available in adult straight-cut unisex style and contour cut style, sizes Small through XXL.
- Click here to purchase your Straight-Cut/Unisex Style polo
- Click here to purchase your Contour Cut Style polo
|The OSUDC Scholarship Challenge is on!|
|This year, OSUDC is the only alumni club selected to participate in the Scholarship Challenge, a grassroots fundraising effort led by Ohio State’s First Lady, Veronica Meinhard. Our goal is to raise $30,000 for the Spearman Scholarship Fund. We annually award scholarships to Washington, DC area students – DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia – to help offset their first year costs at Ohio State.|
We are proud and grateful to participate in this year’s Scholarship Challenge. We cannot reach our ambitious goal without you. Every gift counts, and with your support, we will be able to increase the scholarships available for Washington, DC area students to attend Ohio State.
Click here to make your gift now!
Jim Crow Museum Virtual Tour
Teaching Tolerance with Objective of Intolerance
The Ohio State University Alumni Association and the West Michigan Alumni Club, in partnership with alumni clubs and societies including The Ohio State Alumni Club of Greater Washington, DC, cordially invite you to a virtual tour of the Jim Crow Museum.
The Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia is the nation’s largest publicly accessible collection of artifacts of intolerance. The Museum contextualizes the dreadful impact of Jim Crow laws and customs and uses objects of intolerance to teach tolerance and promote a more just society. The Museum is located at Ferris State University in Big Rapids, MI, and the virtual tour is an opportunity to discover many of the highlights from our collection.
Register now and join us virtually on Wednesday, January 25, 2023, from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Under “Please select your club or society”, be sure to select “Washington, DC”
Our very own Melissa Wasser, OSUDC’s newly elected President, just celebrated a milestone birthday! To celebrate, she’s raising money for our Spearman Scholarship Fund, as well as scholarships for the Moritz College of Law. Check out her Buckeye Funder here and make your gift today!
(Check out this story on page 74 of your Summer 2022 Ohio State Alumni Magazine for more on Melissa!)
Ohio State Alumni includes individuals who have earned associate’s, bachelor’s, graduate, professional, or honorary degrees from Ohio State, as well as medical resident graduates of the university. All Buckeye fans and supporters are welcome to join and be a part of the Alumni Club of Washington, D.C. Your membership in OSUDC provides the following benefits:
- Membership dues are tax deductible
- Exclusive access to member only events
- Automatic Entry into raffles for free tickets to sports and cultural events
- Free or discounted pricing for all OSUDC events
- Be the first to hear about educational and enriching experiences in the DC metro area hosted by the university and/or OSUDC
- Network with Ohio State alumni, faculty, students, former athletes, and supporters
- Ability to serve on OSUDC committees
Membership renewal: Annual memberships for both OSUDC and The Ohio State University Alumni Association begin as early as January 1 of each year and expire on December 31 of the same calendar year. Membership fees do not vary for those who join after January 1.
Two ways to join:
Option 1) Alumni Donor | Join now
Yearly Alumni Donor membership to OSUAA + a one-year membership in OSUDC.
- This option is for alumniof Ohio State and is achieved with a gift of $25 or more to OSUDC’s support fund, found here.
- Alumni donors receive early access to purchase football tickets through the university.
Option 2) Life Donor | Join now
Yearly Life Donor membership to OSUAA + a one-year membership in OSUDC.
- This option is for alumniof Ohio State and is achieved with a gift of $150 or $10/monthly to the OSUDC support fund.
- Life donors receive early access to purchase football tickets, the print edition of the Ohio State Alumni Magazine, and special communications from OSUAA President and CEO Molly Ranz Calhoun.
- Contact our membership chair, David Turkaleski, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events Calendar
Keep up with all of our upcoming events on our website! You can easily export the events you’re interested in attending to iCal or Google Calendar.