OSU Men’s Basketball at Maryland
Join OSUDC as the Ohio State Buckeyes visit the Maryland Terrapins this basketball season this Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 1pm. OSUDC acquired a block of tickets for the game and each ticket includes a $5 donation to OSUDC’s Spearman Scholarship Fund. Click here to buy your tickets now!
Jim Crow Museum Virtual Tour
Teaching Tolerance with Objective of Intolerance
The Ohio State University Alumni Association and the West Michigan Alumni Club, in partnership with alumni clubs and societies including The Ohio State Alumni Club of Greater Washington, DC, cordially invite you to a virtual tour of the Jim Crow Museum.
The Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia is the nation’s largest publicly accessible collection of artifacts of intolerance. The Museum contextualizes the dreadful impact of Jim Crow laws and customs and uses objects of intolerance to teach tolerance and promote a more just society. The Museum is located at Ferris State University in Big Rapids, MI, and the virtual tour is an opportunity to discover many of the highlights from our collection.
Register now and join us virtually on Wednesday, January 25, 2023, from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Under “Please select your club or society”, be sure to select “Washington, DC”
Undergraduate Admissions and OSUDC are partnering to write postcards to admitted students! Admissions will provide the postcards and sample messaging, and participants can select how many postcards to write as well as when they’d like to participate (January through March 2023). If you’re interested in participating, please fill out this survey at your earliest convenience (be sure to select “Alumni Club or Society” and write in OSUDC!). Any questions, please email Brittany Savko, Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement in Undergraduate Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OSUDC Scholarship Shop Is Open!
Show your Buckeyes pride, DC-style! Tshirts and polos are now available in our Etsy shop. Your purchase benefits our Spearman Scholarship Fund!
Our scarlet tshirt with gray print is available in adult straight-cut/unisex sizes Small through XXL. OSUDC logo on sleeve.
Our scarlet polo with white embroidery, or gray polo with scarlet and white embroidery, is available in adult straight-cut unisex style and contour cut style, sizes Small through XXL.
- Click here to purchase your Straight-Cut/Unisex Style polo (pictured above!)
- Click here to purchase your Contour Cut Style polo
Our very own Melissa Wasser, OSUDC’s newly elected President, just celebrated a milestone birthday! To celebrate, she’s raising money for our Spearman Scholarship Fund, as well as scholarships for the Moritz College of Law. Check out her Buckeye Funder here and make your gift today!
(Check out this story on page 74 of your Summer 2022 Ohio State Alumni Magazine for more on Melissa!)
Ohio State Alumni includes individuals who have earned associate’s, bachelor’s, graduate, professional, or honorary degrees from Ohio State, as well as medical resident graduates of the university. All Buckeye fans and supporters are welcome to join and be a part of the Alumni Club of Washington, D.C. Your membership in OSUDC provides the following benefits:
- Membership dues are tax deductible
- Exclusive access to member only events
- Automatic Entry into raffles for free tickets to sports and cultural events
- Free or discounted pricing for all OSUDC events
- Be the first to hear about educational and enriching experiences in the DC metro area hosted by the university and/or OSUDC
- Network with Ohio State alumni, faculty, students, former athletes, and supporters
- Ability to serve on OSUDC committees
Membership renewal: Annual memberships for both OSUDC and The Ohio State University Alumni Association begin as early as January 1 of each year and expire on December 31 of the same calendar year. Membership fees do not vary for those who join after January 1.
Two ways to join:
Option 1) Alumni Donor | Join now
Yearly Alumni Donor membership to OSUAA + a one-year membership in OSUDC.
- This option is for alumniof Ohio State and is achieved with a gift of $25 or more to OSUDC’s support fund, found here.
- Alumni donors receive early access to purchase football tickets through the university.
Option 2) Life Donor | Join now
Yearly Life Donor membership to OSUAA + a one-year membership in OSUDC.
- This option is for alumniof Ohio State and is achieved with a gift of $150 or $10/monthly to the OSUDC support fund.
- Life donors receive early access to purchase football tickets, the print edition of the Ohio State Alumni Magazine, and special communications from OSUAA President and CEO Molly Ranz Calhoun.
- Contact our membership chair, David Turkaleski, at email@example.com.
Upcoming Events Calendar
Keep up with all of our upcoming events on our website! You can easily export the events you’re interested in attending to iCal or Google Calendar.