The Ohio State Alumni Club of Greater Washington, D.C. focuses not only on recruiting students to attend Ohio State, but also raising funds for scholarships to award to high performing students from the Washington, D.C. metro area.
The Ohio State University Alumni Scholars Program (ASP) is intended to provide recognition and financial assistance to outstanding incoming freshmen. The Ohio State University Alumni Association coordinates the program, with the support of the local alumni club, the offices of Admissions and Financial Aid, and the Office of University Development.
Throughout the year, events are held in order to raise funds for our Spearman Scholarship Fund. We also appreciate your direct assistance to our fund. Any donations provided to our fund contribute towards the $75 needed for Sustaining Membership and entry to the football ticket lottery.
OSUDC offers three merit-based scholarship awards each year. Through a competitive application process, applicants are evaluated based on academic, work, and extracurricular performance. The Scholarships are one-time, non-renewable awards that are applied to the student’s freshman year tuition at Ohio State.
The Ohio State University Alumni Scholars Program (ASP) is intended to recruit, provide recognition and financial assistance to outstanding incoming freshmen and in some cases current Ohio State students. The Ohio State University Alumni Association coordinates the program, with the support of the local alumni club, the offices of Admissions and Undergraduate Financial Aid, and the Office of University Development.
The Ohio State Alumni Club of Greater Washington, DC participates in the Alumni Scholars Program, which provides scholarship awards as competitive, merit-based scholarships.
The standards of selection for this award are:
- Students who apply to the University by November 1
- Preferably accepted to The Ohio State University, or are current Ohio State students
- Demonstrate academic merit
- Demonstrating involvement in school and community activities
- Showing a sound interest and positive attitude toward college work
- Be residents of and/or attend(ed) a high school in the area in which the participating alumni club’s membership is based.
ScholarshipUniverse simplifies the process of finding and applying for internal and external scholarships at Ohio State. This platform hosts all alumni club scholarships. Apply and/or update your profile each year by The Ohio State University priority date for maximum aid consideration.
Log in to ScholarshipUniverse using your Ohio State username (lastname.#) and password. Need instructions for activating your username? Contact Buckeye Link, 614-292-OHIO, for assistance.
Further information on scholarships and Financial Aid at Ohio State can be found here.
- End of March/Early April: Winners will be notified toward the end of March.
- Mid-April: If acceptance fees are not paid or the scholarship winner does not intend to enroll, the next runner-up will be awarded the scholarship.
- June: Scholarship winners will be recognized and formally presented with their scholarship during the OSUDC Annual Meeting & Spring Reception.
For more information about the application timeline, process, or how to join the committee, please contact us at email@example.com.
2020-21 Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to our scholarship recipients:
- Jacqueline Albero; Boyds, MD; St. John’s College High School (Montgomery County)
- Miriam Gardsbane; Rockville, MD; Rockville High School (Montgomery County)
- Kate Herz; Annandale, VA; Woodson High School; (Fairfax County)
- Zoe Matsuzaki; Bethesda, MD; Walter Johnson High School (Montgomery County)
- Wesley Walker; Silver Spring, MD; James Hubert Blake (Montgomery County)
How to Give
You may make a direct donation to our club’s endowed scholarship fund:
Visit the Ohio State Giving page to make your gift online.
Alumni Club of Washington, DC Spearman Scholarship Fund #604938
- By Mail
The Ohio State University Foundation
1480 West Lane Avenue
Columbus, OH 43221
Complete the giving form and indicate designation to the Alumni Club of Washington, DC Spearman Scholarship Fund #604938 (listed under “Other”). If paying by check, please make your check payable to “The Ohio State University Foundation.”
Other funds that our club and members donate to include: