Join the OSUDC Board
Have you ever wanted to make an impact as an Ohio State alum, but didn’t know how? Join the board and help promote OSU in the Washington, DC area! Complete the nomination form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know there are over 200 majors and 475 specializations at Ohio State? Or that 65% of the admitted freshman class of 2015 were in the top 10% of their graduating classes? As a graduate of Ohio State, you play a major role in our recruitment efforts. We truly appreciate your commitment, your Buckeye spirit, and your willingness to represent Undergraduate Admissions at college fairs and student events throughout the DC area.
How do I get involved?
To express your interest in volunteering for our recruitment efforts, please contact David Turkaleski at email@example.com.
Become a BAR volunteer
In order to ensure that you feel comfortable representing Undergraduate Admissions, there are a few steps that you will need to take to become an alumni volunteer with BAR:
Step 1: Sign up to become an alumni volunteer. Register for BAR at Volunteer Match.
Step 2: Learn Undergraduate Admissions’ current messaging to prospective students by reviewing the BAR Training videos.
- Video 1 Recruitment Themes
- Video 2 Admissions
- Video 3 BAR Volunteer Program
- Please watch the College Fair Training Video if you will be attending a college fair.
- 2017-2018 BAR Training Updates
Step 3: Take the Alumni Training Quiz.
Step 4: Congratulations! You are now in our pool of certified BAR volunteers. Admissions staff and Region Engagement Officers will reach out to you with upcoming volunteer opportunities.
If you would like to learn more about Buckeye Alumni Recruitment (BAR), the First Year Experience (FYE) program, and the admissions process, please visit the following:
Buckeye Alumni Recruitment
Step 1: Find out what it means to be an alumni volunteer.
View our list of volunteer opportunities.
Step 3: Complete volunteer training.
Admissions process and academics
- Quick Facts: undergrad.osu.edu/majors-and-academics/quick-facts
- Freshman Admissions: undergrad.osu.edu/apply/freshmen-columbus
- Ohio State has a competitive admissions process for its incoming first-year class. There are specific university and federal deadlines that students need to be mindful of during the application process.
- International Admissions: undergrad.osu.edu/apply/international-freshmen
- Find specific admission criteria, application requirements, and deadlines for international students.
- Transfer Admissions: undergrad.osu.edu/apply/transfer
- Learn about the application requirements and deadlines for transfer students.
- Money Matters: undergrad.osu.edu/cost-and-aid
- Information regarding tuition and fees, scholarships, financial aid, and navigating the student center.
- Academics: undergrad.osu.edu/majors-and-academics
- Find information about majors, Honors and Scholars programs, academic living communities, undergraduate colleges and schools, classroom information, field experience opportunities, and support services.
- Applying to Ohio State: undergrad.osu.edu/apply
Opportunities beyond the classroom
- Athletics: www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com
- Recreational Sports: recsports.osu.edu
- Honors, Scholars, and Learning Communities: undergrad.osu.edu/majors-and-academics/academic-communities
- Study Abroad: oia.osu.edu/study-abroad.html
Columbus and campus life
- About Columbus: undergrad.osu.edu/life-on-campus/we-love-columbus
- Residence Halls: undergrad.osu.edu/life-on-campus/residence-halls
- All first- and second-year students are required to live on campus.
- Dining Services: dining.osu.edu/
- The dining locations on campus range from grab-n-go locations if you are in a hurry, to coffee shops to get you energized early in the morning or late at night, to restaurants for relaxed dining on campus.
- Student Life: ohiounion.osu.edu
- There are multitudes of ways students can get involved on campus. The university is dedicated to enriching the student experience outside of the classroom through service-learning trips, campus events, and student organizations.
- Off Campus and Commuter Student Engagement: offcampus.osu.edu
- This office offers resources to help off-campus students build stronger community in their neighborhood, provides rental listings and sponsors events to help students get to know their neighborhood community.
- First Year Experience: fye.osu.edu
- First Year Experience (FYE) has workshops and programming for incoming students before school begins as well as programming throughout their first year at Ohio State.
- Second-year Transformational Experience Program: step.osu.edu
- Designed to enhance student success, the Second-year Transformational Experience Program (STEP) offers students the opportunity to form strong faculty connections, receive guided exploration of educational opportunities, and experience concentrated personal and professional development programs.
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion: odi.osu.edu
- Top 10 LGBT-friendly school (Campus Pride Index)
- Top 5 for raising graduation rates among black students and narrowing completion gaps between black and white students (The Education Trust)