I’m not an alumnus/a – can I still join?
I’m a member of The Ohio State University Alumni Association, Inc. (OSUAA) – what’s the difference?
What’s in it for me?
Where do my dues go?
Didn’t I already pay this year?
Yes, membership in the Alumni Club is open to alumni AND friends of Ohio State.[ Back to Top ]
Although the Alumni Club is a chartered organization of the OSUAA, we are distinct organizations, each with its own membership. The OSUAA was founded in 1879. It operates internationally, and its vision is to make Ohio State stronger by being the biggest and best dues-supported alumni association in the world. Information on the governance, strategic plan, and operation of the OSUAA can be found on the OSUAA website
The Alumni Club is an organization for alumni and friends of Ohio State in Metro Washington, DC. We host sports, social, service, networking, and cultural events year-round for Buckeyes in DC. We also help OSU with its student recruitment efforts and distribute approximately $10,000 in scholarship money annually to local students attending Ohio State.[ Back to Top ]
Alumni Club membership benefits for OSUDC include the following:
- Eligibility to purchase football tickets through the Alumni Club (usually one game per year – must also be OSUAA member)
- Membership discounts and incentives at Club events throughout the year
- Participation in our intramural athletic program
- Notices of events and special programs
- Our Buckeye Bits newsletter
- Opportunity to advertise your business on our website and in the Buckeye Bits
- Members-only networking on LinkedIn
Your membership helps OSUDC do the following:
- Meet local OSU-bound students at college fairs & the annual student send-off picnic, and help them learn about the many opportunities at Ohio State
- Support students studying at Ohio State’s John Glenn School of Public Affairs each quarter by helping fund their visits to local cultural and historic sites
- Socialize together every fall football Saturday for gamewatches to cheer on the Buckeyes to victory, as well as throughout the year for other OSUDC events like the annual Spring Dinner, Summer Picnic, Holiday Party, Caps games, DC area tours, happy hours, Indians games, and more
- Contribute to Ohio State’s positive image in the greater DC community by helping with service projects supporting worthy organizations like Adopt-A-Highway, Our Daily Bread, Greater DC Cares, and Hands On DC
Our membership year is from June 1st through May 31st each year. The opportunity to renew your membership for the following year usually begins with our Annual Meeting, held in conjunction with our Spring Reception each year. If you have any questions about your current status, please contact David Turkaleski at email@example.com[ Back to Top ]